Sunday, October 16, 2011

Black Widow

It has been 4 weeks since the shoulder injury. Motion is back, but working out is still not a good idea. I have been playing around with the brush and magic again to get me through the injured time till I can hit the mat again. Doc says it might be as long as a year before everything is working right again.



I choose the Black Widow as a subject because, to me, they look the most like calligraphy of any creature. Yoshimitsu, the mythic founder of the aiki concept, learned his understanding of jujutsu from nature. He noticed that a spider making its web could catch its prey that was bigger than the spider itself. This gave him the idea that the small could defeat the large.

1 comment:

  1. Nice dude. I just saw some really great calligraphy pieces done of crows yesterday. I hope you're getting plenty of medication during your healing process in the form of books and beer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete